Friday, October 30, 2009

What do we do in the petty cash book when imprest is stored at the end of the month and we've T

Please help me!! I am having problems with the petty Cash book. Please expalin me what we do when the imprest is stored at the end of the month and we have a Private telephone payment on the debit side. If I add all the transaction on the Debit side (Receipt Column) and balance it with the Credit Side (Total Column) my Imprest for the next month does not match with that of the previous month. eg. I have $25 as the imprest. On the debit side I have $25 as imprest and %26amp; $0.68 as Private telephone call. So added up it comes to $25.68. On the other hand my Credit side%26#039;s transaction added up results in $23.27. So the total balance on both side hould be $48.95 ($25.98 + $23.27) as cash (23.27) would be entered the debit side in order to restore the imprest. So to balance it Bal c/d on credit side (Total) should be $25.68. So, bal b/d on the following month is 25.68 which is not the imprest. SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I BRING THE RIGHT IMPREST ON TH DEBIT SIDE!!



What do we do in the petty cash book when imprest is stored at the end of the month and we%26#039;ve Telephone call?credit repair





you collected $.68 and spent $23.27, right? So to bring the imprest back to $25 at the end of the month, you need a check for $22.59 ($23.27 - $.68). You should have $2.41 in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment