Saturday, October 31, 2009

Where to cash a business check?

So....I had a business and I had an account w/ a company. I had a balance of $2400 w/ them when I closed the business so they cut me a check made out to %26quot;my company name/my name%26quot;. I went to my bank to deposit the check in my personal checking account and they said that I had to deposit the check into a business checking out. But the problem is that I don%26#039;t have a business checking account. So I then went to the currency exchange to cash the check and they wouldn%26#039;t either b/c the check is made out to my former business (my name is right next to it). So what do I do? Who can cash this for me?



Where to cash a business check?finance





Seems to me you could have endorsed the back of your check to the personal checking account number.



The bank could then hold the amount of the check until they were absolutely certain it was good before releasing the funds to you for withdrawal.



Where to cash a business check?

loan



try %26quot;check into cash%26quot;...i saw a commercial on tv where people wrote themselves their own check and cashed it instead of going to the atm due to various reasons....just look up one in your area.|||Go to the bank that handles the account.



Next question.|||sounds like you need to cash it at the bank where you had the original account and where the check was cut from.. If out of the area,looks like you might need to open up another business account temporary..|||I am afraid that you will have to open another business account under the business%26#039; name and deposit the check.



I would read your old bank the riot act. They should have told you that you were going to have this problem.



The correct way of doing this would have been that before closing your account your old business wrote YOU a check (you had business checks, right?) made out to you. That could have been for wages, or expense reimbursements or whatever. Then, close the account with the bank when the balance was (near) zero.|||Why don%26#039;t you go back to the person who issued that check?|||The bank that the check is drawn on should cash it , go to the bank of the people who wrote the check with your ID.|||You sign the company name on the top of the check in the endorsement area. Then write %26quot;payable to: your name%26quot;



Then sign the back.



Go back to your bank and try it again.



Or take it to the bank where you closed your account and have them cash it.

No comments:

Post a Comment